We work together to continually develop and implement sustainable solutions. Through Green Thread, our environmental sustainability platform, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on reducing the environmental impact within our operations.
Find out more about the Real Food Challenge!
Here are just a few ways we work to make our campus more environmentally conscious:
Did you know Dining Services sources food from many local farmers, growers and distributors? The list changes throughout the year depending on seasonality and availability. However, here is a sampling of a few of our partners:
- Stiebrs Farms Eggs: Yelm, WA
- Ostrom's Mushrooms: Olympia, WA
- Truitt Brothers Beans: Salem, OR
- Draper Valley Farms Chicken: Mount Vernon, WA
- Batdorf & Bronson Coffee: Olympia, WA
- Fulton Meats: Portland, OR
- The Evergreen State College Organic Farm: Olympia, WA