Sick Meal Pick Up
Feeling under the weather and not able to use your meal plan? You can still get your comfort foods to get you back on the path to wellness. The Sick Meal Pick Up program is for all meal plan members who are experiencing any illness/injury that prevents you from entering the Greenery or the POD Market to pick up your own food.
This program is in addition to the College’s formal COVID-19 isolation and quarantine process. You should request a pick up when you are feeling under the weather; are injured and immobile; or you have symptoms of COVID-19 but you have not yet been tested and isolated.
How it works:
1. Designate a friend to get a to-go box from the Greenery and fill it with your choice of food. This could be your roommate, your best friend, someone you know from class, a teammate, anyone you trust!
2. Let your friend know what you want from the Greenery. Please make sure to let them know if you have a food intolerance or allergy.
3. Call 360-867-5275 and let Evergreen Dining know who your friend is and when they will be picking up your meal. This number is staffed/checked from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week.
4. Email us at email@example.com with your A number and your friend’s name so that we can deduct a meal from your meal plan; and confirm that you approved someone else to use your card.
5. Send your friend to get your meal!
If you are isolated/quarantined, the College has set up a Meal Pick-up Request Form so you or your designee can pick up your meal from the pre-order racks outside the Greenery. Evergreen Dining is working in partnership with Health Services and Housing to ensure that all students are provided food should they be isolated or quarantined on campus. If you live off-campus and have a meal plan, send a friend to get your meals for you using the Sick Meal Pick Up Program.
The program is for all other illnesses or injury; or if you have symptoms of COVID-19 but have not been tested and assessed.
We hope you get well soon!